Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas with out daddy



I celebrated my 30th birthday on the 4th and it was not quite as bad as I thought it would be.  Nick turned 29 the day after and this is the 2nd birthdays we have not been together.  The first was when he was in Japan while in the Marines.  We will however be celebrating our first Christmas with out daddy this year.  It will be hard but we will get thru it.  Kayla is holding up good for now.  Kayla got to go to the nutcracker with her class as a field trip.  We have our tree that we went to the mountains to get and there are some presents under it.  We had our first snow fall over the weekend and played all day on Sunday.  They say there will be more by the middle of the week but this time not so much fun.  Winter storm warnings from Tuesday night to Wednesday night.  And I thought I was done with sever weather when we moved from the South.  We sent a box to Nick full of Christmas goodies and he keeps begging to open them.  He has promised to wait until Christmas day to open them.  We sent him a stocking that looks like a reindeer and sings and moves his antlers.  He plays it just to annoy his roommate.  We talk often and video chat some.  It is hard because of the delay.  It runs any were between 10-30 seconds behind.  Chatting is the best way for us.  He has learned to type pretty fast.  He is trying to come home for his two week leave in Feb but nothing is for sure until it happens.  He is trying for Kayla's birthday as a surprise for her.  I really hope it works out.  



I just have to say most of you all know how much I love what my husband does and most of my friends are as patriotic as I am but i saw a bumper sticker today that just made me see red.  It was on this old lady's silver prius and it said "driving a gas guzzler is unpatriotic"  I am sorry to know that my husband and all our other serving military protects this lady's "freedom of speech" cause she just doesn't make any sense.  I really don't know how to take it.  Is she just that ignorant and prejudice?  isn't that how we came about racism?  or does she think that everyone is rich and can just dump the cars/suvs they are driving and run out to get a hybrid?  I agree that we need to protect our environment but relating it to being Patriotic is just nuts.   I'm sorry I just had to vent that little bit.

Well until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer, This is a great idea and well done!! I'm not sure I know how to do this since I don't have any of the profiles noted below. Anyway, would you please post Nick's address again - I know you've done it a thousand times, so I have no excuse. It might be good to put it on your blog anyway.
    You both look wonderful! Patty p.s. you mean you don't have your hybrid yet??? kidding, of course. . .

    ReplyDelete